STEP 1 – Registration for Admission
Parents can register their child for admission to The Oriental School using any one of the following options:
- Purchase the registration form from the school, duly fill it and submit it at the school.
- Download the registration form from the school website, take a print, duly fill it and submit it at the School, along with the registration fee.
Note: Registration does not guarantee Admission.
STEP 2 – Interaction / Assessment
Admission seekers for Nursery to Grade 2 will have an oral interaction with the School Principal / Head of Admissions. The interaction will be a pleasant exchange of ideas. We are interested in knowing about the child’s educational development, use of language, social skills, academic enthusiasm and extra-curricular interests. Interaction is to find out what the student knows, understands and enjoys. The child may also be asked to perform some simple activities.
Admission seekers for Grades 3 to 8 will have a written assessment in English and Mathematics. Syllabus for written assessment will be based on previous class attended by the child. The test is conducted just to ensure the entry level assessment of the child.
STEP 3 – Submission of Admission Documents
Post the registration process, parents can collect the admission docket (It comprises of Admission Form, Medical Form, Transport Application Form, Local Guardian Authorization Form and Fee Structure applicable) from the school admission office. The duly filled forms with necessary documents as detailed below and in the admission form has to be submitted to the school ones within the stipulated time period as given by the school authorities.
Documents to be submitted
i. Birth Certificate copy of the applicant.
ii. 3 Passport Size Photographs of student.
iii. Original School Transfer Certificate of the applicant (Applicable for Grade I onwards).
iv. Copy of Report Card of previous class.
v. Copy of Residence Proof (Rent agreement, Voter ID, Electricity bill).
vi. Aadhar Card copy of Applicant.
vii. Bank Account Details of either Parent.
viii. Transport Application Form.
ix. Medical Form.
x. Copy of Vaccination Card.
xi. Local Guardian Authorization Form.
xii. 3 Passport Size photographs of Father, Mother, Guardian.
xiii. Copy of photo identity of Parents.
xv. Samagra ID
STEP 4 – Completion of Admission Formalities
Completion of Admission formalities will include payment of fee within the stipulated time period as given by school authorities. Successive admission numbers will be allotted to students on their admission and each student should retain this number throughout his/her presence in the school.
Admissions up to Class VIII (i.e. Class VIII and below) shall be regulated by the rules, regulations, orders of the State/U.T. Governments applicable to Bhopal.
- All students will be granted admission on a priority basis.
- The neighborhood residence parameter shall be considered only if it is a norm by the local regulatory authority.
- Admission preference shall be extended to the student’s siblings. However, the minimum admission criteria will be applicable.
Students With Special Needs
- Admissions to children with special needs cannot be refused as per RTE.
- Admissions of children with special needs shall be routed through Devi Shakuntala Thakral Charitable Foundation. This decision shall be considered final. The decision shall be based on facilities and services that can be offered by the school concerned.